Friday, February 22, 2013

THE CEDRA SESSIONS // ATOMS FOR PEACE








I'm just going to say it: I have a weird love for Thom Yorke. I love his oddness. I think he is a musical genius. I adore the way he shimmies about the stage, screaming in his falsetto, and dancing with grandiose gyrations. My college boyfriend would cringe each time I put on a "Radiohead" album. "He's too whiny", he would state. I could almost see where he was coming from, except I can't. Now, Thom has joined forces with another rock legend,
Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and long-time Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich. So what was already noteworthy just got more exciting. This combination is "Atoms for Peace", named for both a 1953 quote from Dwight Eisenhower and a song title from Yorke's 2006 solo album The Eraser. Don't expect Thom to stray too far from what he does so well. The album, "Amok", set to be released on February 26th is reminiscent of some of Thom's solo work on "Eraser" mixed with electronic instrumentals and live music. 

And learn more about the band, listen to tracks, check for tour dates, check out their website (but be forewarned that it will make you dizzy) >>> http://amok.atomsforpeace.info
You can stream the album in it's entirety before it is released below >>>


Brought to you by Mary Cedra of The Cedra Sessions ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips